Click the following underlined title/link to checkout these Essential/Primary Readings About Us Filipino Natives:
Primary Blog Posts/Readings for my fellow, Native (Malay/Indio) Filipinos-in-the-Philippines
- underdevelopment of the national economy:
- lack of incentives for and discouragement of native entrepreneurship,
- absence of real and heavy industrialization (beyond assembly and light industries),
- inefficient agriculture and dependence on quota, etc;
- After WW2, America completely rehabilitated Japan, its Asian enemy that smacked her hard in Pearl Harbor; while its ever-loving Filipinos, many of whom suffered or died during WW2 for America, were continuously gullible and forced to swallow the Bell Trade Act-1946 (Parity Rights), US Military Bases & Military Assistance Agreements (1947), to obtain U.S. promise of war reparations; and the bulk of the reparations money actually went to the local American businesses, the ruling elite, their relatives and friends in the bicameral Philippine Congress.
- When Marcos imposed martial law to perpetuate his presidency beyond the two-term limits of the Philippine Constitution, America disregarded the "showcase of democracy" in Asia and instead supported Marcos - because Marcos promised to send Filipino troops to Vietnam and let her use its military bases in bombing Vietnam.
- Filipino politicians/bureaucrats/technocrats, etc. continue to practice and
- show mendicancy by talking brave while having one eye at --awaiting approval by --the United States.